Saturday, May 13, 2023

Future Continuous Tense

 The future progressive tense is used for an ongoing action that will occur in the future.

 For example, John will be baking a cake.

Many times, future continuous sentences and questions have the same meaning as other future tense sentences and questions.

  • I will be working from 8 to 4 tomorrow.
  • I will work from 8 to 4 tomorrow.
  • I am going to work from 8 to 4 tomorrow.
  • I am working from 8 to 4 tomorrow.

All four sentences above are the same.


Online Exercises:

Dialogues:


Question Word + will + subject + be + present participle...?
  • What will you be doing today at 6 pm?
  • Where will you be going on your road trip?
  • When will you be leaving?
  • Who will you be entertaining at your home tonight?
  • Why will they be working late tomorrow?
  • How will you be getting there?
We can also make questions using "What + noun" or "Which + noun".
  • What time will you be getting off work today?
  • What food will you be bringing to the picnic?
  • Which countries will she be visiting on her gap year?
  • Which jacket will you be wearing today?
Who + will be + present participle...?
What + will be + present participle...?
How many + noun + will be + present participle...?
  • Who will be coming?
  • What will be happening there tomorrow morning?
  • How many children will be coming?
English Conversation 1

A) Who will be joining us for this meeting?
B) Besides us, I think Marta, Sasha, and Jan will be attending.
A) So, what will we be discussing?
B) We only need to discuss the new project.
A) Okay, so we can probably finish in an hour.
B) Maybe, but Jim usually talks a lot. So, it may take longer than that.

English Conversation 2

A) Do you want to play video games this weekend?
B) I can't. I've got plans.
A) What will you be doing?
B) I'll be going on a hike with my sister.
A) I didn't know you liked hiking.
B) I don't, but I like my sister, so I'm going.

What will you be _______________?
Where will you be _______________?
When will you be _______________?
Who will you be _______________?
Who will be _______________?
If you have time, what will you be _______________ this weekend?
Why will he be _______________?
How many _______________ will you be _______________?
How many _______________ will be _______________?

No comments:

Post a Comment