Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Best wishes for Christmas and a Happy New Year. 祝聖誕節及新年快樂。


Vocabulary:
1. New Year 新年
I'm spending New Year (= the first days of the new year) in Scotland with my parents.我將在蘇格蘭和父母共度新年。
We'll have to wait until the new year before we can make any definite plans.

我們要等到新年之後才能制定出明確的計劃。

2. New Years Eve 除夕
Are you having a New Year's Eve party?
你會舉辦除夕晚會嗎?


3. New Years Resolution 新年決心
"Have you made any New Year's resolutions?" "Yes, I'm going to eatmore healthily and give up smoking."
「你給自己定下甚麼新年決心了嗎?」「是的,我要令自己飲食更加健康,並且戒煙。

4. Auold Lang Syne- traditional (傳統的) Scottish (蘇格蘭的) song that is sung on New Year's Eve. It means " the old days" in Scottish [KTV with Chinese]

II. Dialogue (對話,對白): 

A: Do you want to go to the New Year’s fireworks show tonight? 今天晚上要不要一起去看跨年煙火?
B: Of course, but the mountain slope we used to go to has been overcrowded the past two years. There’s no atmosphere. 當然好囉。只是往年我們常去看煙火的那個山坡,從前年開始,每逢跨年就擠滿了人,一點情調都沒有了。
A: I found a great place for watching the fireworks. It’s quite far off, so there’s probably no one there. 我發現了一個很適合看煙火的好地方,還蠻偏僻的,應該不會有什麼人。
B: That’s great. I hope we will be able to enjoy the fireworks in peace. 那太好了。希望我們可以平靜地一起欣賞煙火
Videos:

No comments:

Post a Comment